Sunday, January 7, 2018

Finding Routine




For the last month, I forgot what it was like to have routine in my life. It all started in the beginning of December when my school flooded. Classes were canceled for almost a week and I now had more free time than I knew what to do with. When classes resumed, our schedule was adjusted to make up for the missed days. This meant teaching 6-7 classes a day, from 7:50-4:30 for two weeks. Needless to say, there were many misunderstandings of where to be and when, but we made it through. 

Lines on the walls showing how high the flood waters were at school!
After we finished our flood-make-up-schedule we jumped straight into the Christmas schedule. This meant Monday’s schedule on Thursday and so on. We then had testing and half a week off for New Years. On top of that I have been traveling for almost every weekend since the beginning of December. I visited, Koh Phi Phi, Krabi, Singapore, and Malaysia. Phew, talk about busy. We finally have our first full Monday to Friday week in what feelings like ages! I had a quiet weekend at “home” here in Trang to relax and prepare for the next few weeks. I am looking forward to finding my routine again both at school and in life! I have found that the easiest way for me to do this is to jump back in at full speed. I have easily picked up my old schedule of after school tutoring, gym, and time with friends. It's all about balance! 

One goal that I made for the new year is to continue to pay it forward. I strive to live this every day, but I want to try something new. I want to send you a postcard from Thailand! Leave your name and address, and I will send a postcard with a fun, positive message from Trang, Thailand. Everyone deserves a piece of mail that isn’t a bill or online shopping! Don’t be shy! 

Click HERE to leave your information for a postcard! 




I hope that everyone has had a happy and healthy start to their 2018. Thanks for reading and start checking your mail boxes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment