Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Up, Up, & Away!




After months of planning and preparation, today is the day! Guys...I'm moving to Thailand! I have a suitcase full of swim suits and a backpack full of snacks and I am ready to go. 

To catch some of you up, a year ago when I graduated from college I made a list of things that I wanted to do in the next five years. Last summer I checked off the first item (summit Mt. Kilimanjaro), and now I am checking off another by moving to Thailand to be an English teacher.  


The Process:

I am going with a company called Greenheart Travel. They helped me prepare all of my pre departure materials as well as aairport pick up, and accommodation. Check them out here, they are awesome. 

Once I arrive, a company called XploreAsia takes over and hosts our orientation week, TESOL certificate course, and facilitates our teaching placements. We have some pretty exciting activities planned for the first week including Thai language and culture classes, cooking, muay thai, and elephants. Check them out here, they are also pretty awesome. 

I arrive to Bangkok June 23rd, meet the group on June 25th, and head to orientation and TESOL course for four weeks in Hua Hin on June 26th. 


But Kelsey where in Thailand are you going? And what age kids are you teaching? And how long are you there for? 
The honest answer to all of these questions is "I don't know". 
I know that I'll be spending my first month in Hua Hin, and that is all I know.
But don't you worry blog world, I will write about it as soon as I find out.  

In the meantime, I have two nights in Tokyo so any and all recommendations are welcome!

To personally stay in touch you can find me on WhatsApp!

Side notes:

"Adventure Awaits" clutch from Reverie Living
Ray Bans from Sunglass Hut 





1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! I am so excited for you! Kels, I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of you. Thinking back to who we were 3 years ago, you've continued to grow & become even more confident, adventurous, brave, incredible, genuine, kind, loving, oh my god my list could go on for days. I'm so beyond blessed to call you my best friend.

    I'll see you in just a few short months (hopefully.) I can't wait to read more posts!!

    ReplyDelete