Thursday, November 23, 2017

A Note of Gratitude

Thanksgiving this year has left me reflecting on everything that I am grateful and thankful for in my life. Although life has been full of ups, downs, and changes, there is still so much in this world to be thankful for. This year has been spent celebrating the small victories in a sea of what sometimes feel like big losses.

As you all know, one of the biggest life changes for me was moving to Thailand five months ago. But I admit that this has overshadowed some other pretty amazing opportunities that I had in the beginning of 2017. I started the year teaching ski school at my favorite mountain, Winter Park, and loved every second of it. Skiing has been a lifelong passion of mine and being able to spend a majority of my time in the mountains (and skiing) was exactly what my soul needed this winter and spring.



Another thing that I am grateful for is the chance to continue my involvement with Special Olympics. In January I joined the Young Professionals Board (YPB) where I helped plan and participate in volunteer and fundraising events. It was amazing exposure to young professionals in the Denver metro area and allowed me to be involved with Special Olympics in a new capacity. This also inspired me to reconnect with the EXPAND program in Boulder. I volunteered with EXPAND in high school and it was incredible to be back with the same participants. I volunteered for the book club and water aerobics programs. I’m extremely proud to be both a YPB member and EXPAND volunteer and it is something that I look forward to participating in when I move back home.  

YPB board members

EXPAND participants and volunteers
I am thankful for my activities at home and in Thailand because they have humbled me in ways I have not experienced before. They have taught me patience and the finding happiness in the simplest things. I want to thank everyone who has been on my journey with me this past year. It hasn’t been easy, but thank you for keeping me grounded and most importantly, happy. I know for a fact that I could not have achieved any of this without you.


Sending love and hugs from oceans away on this holiday. May you stay humbled, grounded, and grateful for everything in life.





No comments:

Post a Comment